Thursday, January 24, 2013

Modern & Classical - Artist Statement

Name: Norhafizah Binti Mohamad Noh
ID: 1111114962        
Artwork Title: Modern vs Classical
Target Audience: Teenagers
Artist Statement:
Music has always brought big influence in a certain society. From one era to another, music always changed according to the development of the era it’s created. And today, music has improved a lot compared to the older days, no matter on the music styles as well as the musical instruments and also the moods each music genre gives to the listener. I believe that Music is a mirror of someone’s attitude.
Artwork Treatment:
I decided to use a famous musical instrument from two well-known genre in music which is Modern and Classical. The electric guitar would represent Modern music and the old violin would represent Classical music.
I enlarged the image which I edited on Adobe Illustrator first so that the image won’t be jagged when printed. After that, I added on some simple fonts enough to show the moods of the musical instruments. The electric guitar would have more strong and loud sound so I edited the font to be straightforward and attention-grabbing. While the violin having a more soothing and slow sound, so I edited the font to be harmony.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment